Definition of repentance:
- "feel sad, repentant, or disappointed over (something that has happened or been done, especially a loss or missed opportunity)"
Definition of confession:
- "a formal admission of one's sins with repentance"
- 3:19 Repent ye therefore, and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shall come from the presence of the Lord;
- 13:3 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.
- 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
- 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
- 51:1-3 . . . Have mercy upon me, O God, according to Thy loving kindness: According unto the multitude of Thy tender mercies blot out my transgressions. . . . For I acknowledge my transgressions: and my sin is ever before me. . . .