Available Timelines (sorted by category):
There are no buttons on this timeline.
The highest resolution of this timeline for printing may be found HERE.
The Last-Day Events of Revelation
The focus of this timeline is the Second Coming of Jesus Christ. All the Bible prophecies that have been fulfilled prove to us that the Bible is true, and so we can know that Jesus is coming VERY SOON. This also means that all of the "last day" events predicted in the Bible will come true as well.
Many people have been taught that Revelation is a sealed book, but the Bible itself tells us that it is sealed only to those who reject truth and light. Revelation 22:10 says, "Then he told me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, because the time is near." As we near the end of time, the prophecies relating to the last days especially demand our study. Our Bibles are full of truth that we need to understand because it is for us. We are the ones living in the last days of earth's history. Satan has blinded the minds of many so that they have been happy for any excuse for not making Revelation their study, even to the point of believing that Revelation is a "closed book". Don't let yourself be fooled by the enemy of God, Revelation is NOT a closed book.
Some of the images found in Revelation (i.e. the scarlet beast, the dragon, the whore) even make it seem that what was written was not suppose to be understood, but Revelation is actually the "key" to unlocking the mysteries found in the book of Daniel. Together these two books demand close study. (Every God-fearing teacher should understand and consider how most clearly to present this part of the Gospel that our Savior came in person to make known to His servant John,--"The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto Him, to show unto His servants things which must shortly come to pass.")
No one should become discouraged in their study of Revelation because of its apparently mystical symbols. "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not." "Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein; for the time is at hand." We are to proclaim to the world the great and solemn truths contained in the book of Revelation. These truths are to enter into the very designs and principles of God's church. All who are preparing to meet their Lord should make this book the subject of earnest study and prayer. It is just what its name signifies,--a revelation of the most important events that are to take place in the last days of this earth's history. John, because of his faithful trust in the word of God, and the testimony of Christ, was banished to the Isle of Patmos. But his banishment did not separate him from Christ. The Lord visited His faithful servant in his banishment, and gave him instruction regarding what was to come upon the world.
One of the best known numbers in the book of Revelation is "666". What does it mean, and why is it even mentioned?
Below is a list of several major events that will take place before Jesus returns, but not necessarily in the correct order of occurrence:
(Please refer to the Bible Study Guides linked below for more information on these.)
1. A counterfeit revival (Rev. 13:8)
2. A threefold union (Revelation 16:13)
3. (Laws forcing a man's law over God's law begin to be seen first locally.)
4. National and Global laws forcing a man's law over God's law (Rev. 13:17)
5. A false Latter Rain (Rev. 13:12-14)
6. The Seal of God and the Mark of the Beast (Rev. 7:2, Rev. 13:16)
7. The Latter Rain (Acts 2:18)
8. The Loud Cry (Rev. 14:9)
9. Short Time of Trouble (Financial/Economic)
10. The Close of Probation (Rev. 22:11)
11. The Great Time of Trouble, including a death decree against God's faithful people (Rev. 15 & 16, Rev. 13:15)
12. The Second Coming of Christ (Rev. 1:7, 14:14, etc.)
Watch this 8-part video series.
(This series covers many of these last day events and was originally released on DVD which may be purchased directly from Amazing Facts.)
- Final Events (Intro)
- Final Events (part 1)
- Final Events (part 2)
- Final Events (part 3)
- Final Events (part 4)
- Final Events (part 5)
- Final Events (part 6)
- Final Events (part 7)
Below are artist's renderings of some of the images found in the book of Revelation.
The biggest question of course is, what do each of these word pictures mean? What is God telling us?
Revelation 1:7 "Look, he is coming with the clouds, and every eye will see him, even those who pierced him; and all the peoples of the earth will mourn because of him. So shall it be! Amen."
Revelation 1:12-20 "I turned around to see the voice that was speaking to me. And when I turned I saw seven golden lampstands, and among the lampstands was someone 'like a son of man,' dressed in a robe reaching down to his feet and with a golden sash around his chest. His head and hair were white like wool, as white as snow, and his eyes were like blazing fire. His feet were like bronze glowing in a furnace, and his voice was like the sound of rushing waters. In his right hand he held seven stars, and out of his mouth came a sharp double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance.
When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: 'Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last. I am the Living One; I was dead, and behold I am alive for ever and ever! And I hold the keys of death and Hades.
"Write, therefore, what you have seen, what is now and what will take place later. The mystery of the seven stars that you saw in my right hand and of the seven golden lampstands is this: The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches, and the seven lampstands are the seven churches.' "
Revelation 14:7 "He said in a loud voice, 'Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water.' "
Revelation 13:1-2 "And I saw a beast coming out of the sea. He had ten horns and seven heads, with ten crowns on his horns, and on each head a blasphemous name. The beast I saw resembled a leopard, but had feet like those of a bear and a mouth like that of a lion. The dragon gave the beast his power and his throne and great authority."
Revelation 13:11 "Then I saw another beast, coming out of the earth. He had two horns like a lamb, but he spoke like a dragon."
Revelation 6:1-8 "I watched as the Lamb opened the first of the seven seals. Then I heard one of the four living creatures say in a voice like thunder, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a white horse! Its rider held a bow, and he was given a crown, and he rode out as a conqueror bent on conquest.
When the Lamb opened the second seal, I heard the second living creature say, "Come!" Then another horse came out, a fiery red one. Its rider was given power to take peace from the earth and to make men slay each other. To him was given a large sword.
When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand. Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!"
When the Lamb opened the fourth seal, I heard the voice of the fourth living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a pale horse! Its rider was named Death, and Hades was following close behind him. They were given power over a fourth of the earth to kill by sword, famine and plague, and by the wild beasts of the earth. "
Revelation 13:2 "And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority."
Revelation 17:4-6 "The woman was dressed in purple and scarlet, and was glittering with gold, precious stones and pearls. She held a golden cup in her hand, filled with abominable things and the filth of her adulteries. This title was written on her forehead:
BABYLON THE GREAT
THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTES AND
OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH
I saw that the woman was drunk with the blood of the saints, the blood of those who bore testimony to Jesus."
Revelation 14:6-12 "Then I saw another angel flying in midair, and he had the eternal gospel to proclaim to those who live on the earth—to every nation, tribe, language and people. He said in a loud voice, 'Fear God and give him glory, because the hour of his judgment has come. Worship him who made the heavens, the earth, the sea and the springs of water.'
A second angel followed and said, 'Fallen! Fallen is Babylon the Great, which made all the nations drink the maddening wine of her adulteries.'
A third angel followed them and said in a loud voice: 'If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives his mark on the forehead or on the hand, he, too, will drink of the wine of God's fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath. He will be tormented with burning sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and of the Lamb. And the smoke of their torment rises for ever and ever. There is no rest day or night for those who worship the beast and his image, or for anyone who receives the mark of his name.' This calls for patient endurance on the part of the saints who obey God's commandments and remain faithful to Jesus."
Helpful Bible definitions of Bible symbols(Let the Bible interpret itself.)
Animals and their Parts
- Horse = Strength and Power in Battle Job 39:19, Psalms 147:10, Proverbs 21:31
- Dragon = Satan or his agency Isaiah 27:1;30:6, Psalm 74:13-14; Rev. 12:7-9; Ezekiel 29:3; Jeremiah 51:34
- Beast = Kingdom/government/political power Daniel 7:17, 23
- Bear = Destructive Power / Medo Persia Proverbs 28:15, 2 Kings 2:23-24, Daniel 7:5
- Leopard = Greece Daniel 7:6
- Serpent = Satan Revelation 12:9; 20:2
- Tongue = Language / Speech Exodus 4:10
- Ram = Medo Persia Daniel 8:20
- Goat = Greece Daniel 8:21
- Horn = King or kingdom Daniel 7:24; 8:5, 21, 22; Zechariah 1:18, 19; Revelation 17:12
- Wings = Speed / Protection / Deliverance Deuteronomy 28:49, Matthew 23:37
- White = Purity Revelation 12:9; 20:2
- Blue = Law Numbers 15:38-39
- Purple = Royalty Mark 15:17, Judges 8:26
- Red/Scarlet = Sin/corruption Isaiah 1:18; Nahum 2:3; Revelation 17:1-4
Metals, Elements, and Natural Objects
- Gold = Pure Character Precious and Rare Isaiah 13:12
- Silver = Pure Words & Understanding Proverbs 2:4, 3:13-14, 10:20, 25:11, Psalms 12:6
- Brass, Tin, Iron, Lead, Silver dross = Impure Character Ezekiel 22:20-21
- Waters = Inhabited area/people, nations Revelation 17:15
- Fire = Holy Spirit Luke 3:16
- Stars = Angels/messengers = Revelation 1:16, 20; 12:4, 7-9; Job 38:7
- Sun = Jesus/the gospel Psalm 84:11; Malachi 4:2; Matthew 17:2; John 8:12; 9:5
- Winds = Strife/commotion/"winds of war"Jeremiah 25:31-33; 49:36, 37; 4:11-13; Zechariah 7:14
- Angel = Messenger Daniel 8:16; 9:21; Luke 1:19, 26; Hebrews 1:14
- Babylon = apostasy/confusion/rebellion Gen. 10:8-10; 11:6-9; Rev. 18:2, 3; 17:1-5
- Mark = Sign or seal of approval or disapproval Ezekiel 9:4; Romans 4:11; Revelation 13:17; 14:9-11; 7:2, 3
- Seal = Sign or mark of approval or disapproval Romans 4:11; Revelation 7:2, 3
- White Robes = Victory/righteousness Revelation 19:8; 3:5; 7:14
- Time = 360 Days Daniel 4:16, 23, 25, 32; 7:25; Daniel 11:13 margin
- Times = 2x360 or 720 Days Daniel 7:25, Revelation 12:6,14, 13:5
- Day = Literal year Ezekiel 4:6; Numbers 14:34
- Trumpet = loud warning of God's approach Exodus 19:16-17, Joshua 6:4-5
Actions, Activities, and Physical States
- Healing = Salvation Luke 5:23-24
- Famine = Dearth of Truth Amos 8:11
People and Body Parts
- Woman, Pure = True Church Jeremiah 6:2; 2 Corinthians 11:2; Ephesians 5:23-27
- Woman, Corrupt = Apostate church Ezk. 16:15-58; 23:2-21; Hos. 2:5; 3:1; Rev. 14:4
- Hand = Deeds / Works / Actions Ecclesiastes 9:10, Isaiah 59:6
- Forehead = Mind Deuteronomy 6:6-8, Romans 7:25; Ezekiel 3:8, 9
- Harlot = Apostate church/religion Isaiah 1:21-27; Jeremiah 3:1-3; 6-9
- Heads = Major powers/rulers/governments Revelation 17:3, 9, 10
Please keep in mind that we are not to be worrying about all of this, but we need to tell others of the coming events so that they can tell even more people about His soon coming. Jesus has promised that He will supply all our needs, so there isn't any reason for us to be stock-piling food and supplies for the coming tribulation. We should change our priorities and "seek His kingdom and His righteousness", yes, but stock-piling food is like telling Him we do not trust Him.
Jesus tells us:
"Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed? ... for your heavenly Father knoweth that you have need of all these things. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."
Matthew 6: 31-33
"From the very beginning of the great controversy in heaven it has been Satan's purpose to overthrow the law of God. It was to accomplish this that he entered upon his rebellion against the Creator, and though he was cast out of heaven he has continued the same warfare upon the earth. To deceive men, and thus lead them to transgress God's law, is the object which he has steadfastly pursued. Whether this be accomplished by casting aside the law altogether, or by rejecting one of its precepts, the result will be ultimately the same. He that offends 'in one point,' manifests contempt for the whole law; his influence and example are on the side of transgression; he becomes 'guilty of all.' James 2:10.
"In seeking to cast contempt upon the divine statutes, Satan has perverted the doctrines of the Bible, and errors have thus become incorporated into the faith of thousands who profess to believe the Scriptures. The last great conflict between truth and error is but the final struggle of the long-standing controversy concerning the law of God. Upon this battle we are now entering--a battle between the laws of men and the precepts of Jehovah, between the religion of the Bible and the religion of fable and tradition.
"In rejecting the truth, men reject its Author. In trampling upon the law of God, they deny the authority of the Law-giver."
The Great Controversy, page 582
In Matthew 13: 24-30 we find a story Jesus told of an enemy sowing weeds in a good man's field. In this story "The Savior does not point forward to a time when all the tares become wheat. The wheat and tares grow together until the harvest, the end of the world. Then the tares are bound in bundles to be burned, and the wheat is gathered into the garner of God. "Then shall the righteous shine forth as the sun in the kingdom of their Father." Then "the Son of man shall send forth His angels, and they shall gather out of His kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; and shall cast them into a furnace of fire; there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth."
Christ's Object Lessons, page 75